It’s easier in a crowd.
The Squad is exclusive to Dynamic Running club members. Register here.
The Squad aims to help participants train for their first or next 10km, half marathon and marathon. The goal is to learn to run faster or further, or both!
- Registered for the Squad.
- Base level of fitness/distance to cope with the program you are interested in
What you get:
- Lorraine’s Training Guide
- Training program – if you want one. These programs are available free of charge for anyone who would like it. You don’t need to be a Squad member to access it.
- Various group training options
- Access to the Facebook group / Messenger group
- Pep talks/Workshops on various topics – Exclusive to Squad members
- Squad training singlet – Exclusive to Squad members
- Weekly email updates – Exclusive to Squad members
- $65 for Squad + singlet
- $30 for Squad only
Who will benefit?
This squad will suit you, if you are willing to commit to the following:
- attend as many of the group sessions and workshops as possible (you can participate as a virtual group member too)
- adopt the right mindset – only by doing this will you get out of bed early on a dark, wet Sunday morning to tackle a 21 to 32 km training run!
- make the needed adjustments in your lifestyle, for example, to your diet and family commitments
- support your fellow squad members by contributing to the Facebook group set up for the Squad members exclusive use
- keep a record your runs and distances
- wear your Squad singlet with pride
Included in the squad fee
- expert advice and support from qualified coaches to build you up to your 10km half marathon, marathon or ultra
- Dynamic Running training sessions
- EXCLUSIVE entry into all Dynamic Running workshops from January to April 2020 – see details below
- Access to the Dynamic Running Squad Facebook group set up for Squad members to support each other
- a personalised running program to take you to the start line of your target race
- Lorraine’s Squad Training Guide with running tips and advice to keep you motivated
- a Dynamic Running Squad training singlet.
The target races are
- Dynamic in a Dress Half Marathon or 10km, 19 April 2020 (Dynamic Running event)
- Cairns Marathon, 12 July 2020 (Dynamic Running event)
- Gold Coast Marathon, 5 July 2020
- Fig Tree Half Marathon, 11 July 2020 (Dynamic Running event)
- Tailwind Nutrition 3M3D, 10-12 July 2020 (Dynamic Running event)
- any other race coming up in the first half of 2020
Squad training sessions
This will depend on the needs of the group and can include:
- Technique training
- Intermediate Runners’ Clinics
- Group training sessions
- Long runs on Sunday mornings
Note that these sessions may have other participants too, it is not exclusive to squad members.
Tuesday mornings, 5.15-5.30am. This will be important for those that have not done the squad training before, and for those who want to brush up on the latest developments on how to train efficiently.
- Speed work
- Mental toughness
- The long run
- Tempo running
- Enlisting the help of others
- The right gear
- Race knowledge/tactics
- Race day
- What’s next?
These are interactive sessions that may include a specialist guest speaker and question/answer sessions. No running required! Exclusive to Squad members.
Topics will depend on the needs of the group and may include:
- Training phases
- Support/Mental toughness
- Weight training
- How to design your own training program
- Rest and Recovery
- Injury prevention
- Race preparation – gear list – where to buy
- The playlist
- Treadmill running
- Heart Rate; Training guides: Heart rate monitors GPS watches
- Women running
- Trail running
- How to look after your feet