Always wanted to give running a go? Decided to run a 5k race on your 50th birthday?
Has your doctor told you to lose weight and look after yourself better, and you think running will do the trick? Regardless of the reasons for wanting to join in, Dynamic Running can help you achieve your goals through our Newcomer Runner’s Clinics (NRCs).
2021 dates for our Runners’ Clinics:
Due to lack of interest, the Term 3 and Term 4 Runners’ Clinics have been cancelled.
These Runners’ Clinics are perfect if you are…
- 16 years or older (note that anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult) not currently running, but want to give it a go
- a walker who wants to take the next step and start running keen to learn proper running technique
- returning from injury or a long absence from running
- challenged or being challenged to run a 5k race
- looking for a group where you will fit in and not feel like you are left behind
- tired of struggling along on your own
- always breathless when you run or you can’t seem to progress beyond 3k and NO you are not too old!! We welcome adult participants of any age.
$60 for individual participants
Dynamic Running club members receive a 35% discount.
FREE for those returning to do the clinics again.
What we do at the clinics
The 5-week program is adapted from the “Couch to 5k” program. Participants select their own level ‘mostly walking’, ‘walking and running’ or ‘mostly running’. This way, you get to train with others that are at the same level as you. It will keep you motivated and your running will progress more than if you were trying to do it on your own. It also provides the ideal conditions to meet training buddies. Absolute beginners, who have never run 800m, join this group and are running 5 kilometres within 2 months. You can do it too. You can start training with us anytime regardless of your current level of fitness.
Clinics run for 5 weeks during school terms. We continue to run on the other Wednesdays of the school term and anyone wanting to do an easy 4-5km are welcome to join in.
For your payment you receive:
- one of the 15 spots available
- four ½-hour group sessions on technique and drills
- 5 weeks of the run/walk method
- a Beginner Runners’ Booklet with comprehensive notes, running tips and advice to keep you motivated
- a 10-week running program suited to your current level of fitness
- a certificate when you finish your first 5km race.
Conditions of entry
- If you have not been active recently, or have health/injury concerns, be sure to check with your doctor.
- A minimum of 4 participants are required for the Clinics to go ahead.
- All participants must sign our COVID-Safe Waiver prior to attending the clinics.