“There will be days when I don’t know if I can run a marathon.
There will be a lifetime knowing that I have.”
Register Now for the next Summer Squad (17 January – 23 May 2021).
The aim is to build on your established running program and support you through to your first or next A-grade race. Sessions include speed work (interval training, fartlek, tempo runs), hill training, long slow distance runs and races.
A must-have is the Squad singlet (teal colour this time around)! Order it as an optional extra when you register for the squad.
First Timers are encouraged to join in.
The target races for the Summer Squad are:
- Dynamic in a Dress Series 10km or half marathon on 18 April or 20 June 2021
- Great Barrier Reef Masters Games Road Marathon or Half Marathon on 23 May 2021
- Any other event you are planning that will come up in April/May
- You need to be able to run 10km (in under 1 hour 10 minutes) at the start of the program.
- You must be running 3-4 times a week, at least 5-10km per session.
- It is recommended that you complete the Running Clinics on offer as part of your training.
For your payment you receive
- one of the 20 spots available
- group training sessions designed to build you up to your nominated distance
- access to any or all of the Dynamic Running training sessions held during the Summer Squad period
- a personalised running program to take you to the start line of your A-grade race
- access to the private Facebook group for participants to connect/motivate and share ideas with other squaddies
- regular email follow-up with running tips and advice to keep you motivated
A minimum of 8 participants are required for the Summer Squad to go ahead.
Virtual Squad members will receive additional support via web-conferencing and email.
Conditions of entry