“There will be days when I don’t know if I can run a marathon.
There will be a lifetime knowing that I have.”
Registrations for the next Summer Squad (4 December 2021 to 11 July 2022) will open on 1 November 2021. An information session will be held at 8.30am on 14 November at L’Unico Trattoria Italiano, 75 Vasey Esplanade, Trinity Beach.
The aim is to build on your established trail running program and support you through to the 3M3D races (3M3D Grand Slam, Cairns Marathon or Fig Tree Half Marathon). Sessions include speed work (interval training, fartlek, tempo runs), hill training, trail running, long slow distance runs and races.
A must-have is the Squad singlet (pink this time around). Wear it with pride.
First Timers are encouraged to join in.
The target races for the Summer Squad are:
- 3M3D Grand Slam (8-10 July 2022)
- Cairns Marathon (10 July 2022)
- Fig Tree Half Marathon (9 July 2022)
- Any other event you are planning that will come up in June/July 2022.
- You need to be able to run 10km (in under 1 hour 10 minutes) at the start of the program.
- You must be running 3-4 times a week, at least 5-10km per session.
For your payment you receive
- one of the 25 spots available
- group training sessions designed to build you up to your nominated distance
- access to any or all of the Dynamic Running training sessions held during the Summer Squad period
- a personalised running program to take you to the start line of your A-grade race (if you need one)
- access to the private Facebook group for participants to connect/motivate and share ideas with other squaddies
- regular email follow-up with running tips and advice to keep you motivated
A minimum of 15 participants are required for the Summer Squad to go ahead.
Virtual Squad members will receive additional support via web-conferencing and email.
Conditions of entry