Date: Sunday, 2 April 2017
Venue: Redlynch State College, Cairns
Distances: 21.1km, 10km and 5km
The event is open to males and females. Participants of all levels of fitness (walkers, recreational and competitive runners) are welcome to compete. There is a female-focus to celebrate female runners; their strength and their ability to use running as a means to connect with one another. Join us and run in fashionable, feminine running gear.
The event is a ’Girls’ Weekend Away’ where you can enjoy a wonderful time with your female counterparts during training in leading up to the event and also during the weekend. Girlfriends, grandmothers, mums, sisters and daughters are the stars.
Founded by managing director and running coach of Dynamic Running, Lorraine Lawson, the ‘Dynamic in a Dress Running Festival’ and free 8-week training program is designed to promote health, wellness and fitness among women, girls and their families.
Free training sessions with Dynamic Running
Whether your goal is to get fit, lose weight, meet new running buddies or have more energy, the 12-week training program is designed to give you access to the support you need, including:
- Free12-week training program for runners and walkers adapted.
- Free 8-week training runs/walks for locals who have registered for the event. Wednesday evenings, 5.30-6.30pm (January – March). All levels welcome, including novice runners and walkers.
- There are three running races: 21.1km, 10km, 5km.
- All events start and finish at Redlynch State College in Redlynch Valley, Cairns.
- For the Half Marathon and 10km events, drink stations will be available approximately every 4km along the course and at the start/finish line.
- Toilets: There are toilets at the start/finish and at two locations along the 10km and 21.1km course.
- First Aid: There is basic first-aid available at the start/finish area and at drink stations along the course.
- Prams are not allowed in the 21.1km or 10km. Due to safety considerations we do not allow bikes, scooters, skateboards, rollerblades and animals (e.g. dogs) in any of the events.
- Competitors wanting to compete in a wheelchairs must submit an application to the race director no later than one month prior to the event.
Race fees and online entries:
|Race & Age||Cut off dates:||Early Bird||Standard||Late Entry|
|Ends 9.01pm, 26/01/2017||Ends 9.01pm, 23/03/17||Registration closes 9.00pm, 2/4/17|
|Dynamic Running club member||$50.00||$50.00||$85|
|21.1km (16-17 year old)||Independent||$30.00||$40.00||$45|
|Dynamic Running club member||$25.00||$25.00||$45|
|Dynamic Running club member||$25.00||$25.00||$25.00|
|10km (12-17 year old)||Independent||$15.00||$20.00||$20.00|
|Dynamic Running club member||$15.00||$15.00||$15.00|
|5km (18+)||Flat Fee||$15.00||$15.00|
|5km (8-17 year old)||Flat Fee||$8.00||$8.00|
|Glow in the Dark Fun Run/Walk – cancelled due to lack of participants|
|Kid in pram (5km only)||Free||$0.00||On day registration available|
WARNING: This event celebrates women – you are encouraged to come ‘dressed up’ for the Dynamic in a Dress. Most people (including the boys!) don a tutu and many mates dress up as ‘teams’. If you don’t want to be part of the fun, be part that you need to opt out during the registration and that will attract a $15.00. This money will be donated to a local charity.
Your entry fees include:
- entry into your nominated race
- Personalised race bib (unless you are a late entry) for the 5km, 10km and 21.1km
- Finisher’s medal for 5km, 10km and 21.1km competitors
- Novelty trophies for the winners in the 5km, 10km and 21.1km
- Lucky draw prizes
- A training program
- Group training sessions for locals
- Basic first aid service at the event
- Refreshments after the event
- A fun, safe and professional activity
- Public liability insurance