Register here: https://regonline.activeglobal.com/dynamicinadress2018
Date: Sunday, 8 April 2018
Venue: Redlynch State College, Cairns (TBC)
Distances: 21.1km, 10km and 5km
2018 Race briefing and rules – all competitors and participants please read. There is no briefing on the start line of any of the events.
The event is open to males and females. Participants of all levels of fitness (walkers, recreational and competitive runners) are welcome to compete. There is a female-focus to celebrate female runners; their strength and their ability to use running as a means to connect with one another. Join us and run in fashionable, feminine running gear.
Founded by managing director and running coach of Dynamic Running, Lorraine Lawson, the ‘Dynamic in a Dress Running Festival’ and free 8-week training program is designed to promote health, wellness and fitness among women, girls and their families.
Free training sessions with Dynamic Running
Whether your goal is to get fit, lose weight, meet new running buddies or have more energy, the 12-week training program is designed to give you access to the support you need, including:
- Free12-week training program for runners and walkers adapted.
- Free training runs/walks for locals who have registered for the event. Wednesday evenings, 5.30-6.30pm (February – March). All levels welcome, including novice runners and walkers.
- There are three running races: 21.1km, 10km, 5km.
- All events start and finish at Redlynch State College in Redlynch Valley, Cairns.
- For the Half Marathon and 10km events, drink stations will be available approximately every 4km along the course and at the start/finish line.
- Toilets: There are toilets at the start/finish and at two locations along the 10km and 21.1km course.
- First Aid: There is basic first-aid available at the start/finish area and at drink stations along the course.
- Prams are not allowed in the 21.1km or 10km. Due to safety considerations we do not allow bikes, scooters, skateboards, rollerblades and animals (e.g. dogs) in any of the events.
- Competitors wanting to compete in a wheelchairs must submit an application to the race director no later than one month prior to the event.
2018 Entry Fees:
|Race & Age||Early Bird||Standard||Late Entry|
|Ends 31/1/2018||Ends 30/3/2018||Registration closes 6/4/2018|
|Dynamic in a Dress 21.1km (18+)||$55||$65||$75|
|Dynamic in a Dress 21.1km (16-17 year old)||$25||$30||$35|
|Dynamic in a Dress 10km (18+)||$30||$40||$45|
|Dynamic in a Dress 10km (12-17 year old )||$15||$20||$25|
|Dynamic in a Dress 5km (18+)||Flat Fee, $15.00||n/a|
|Dynamic in a Dress 5km
(8-17 year old)
|Flat Fee, $12.00||n/a|
|Dynamic in a Dress 5km
Team Entry (minimum 5 team members)
|Flat Fee, $8.00||n/a|
|Glow in the Dark Fun Run/Walk – Individual||Flat Fee, $10.00||On day registration available|
|Glow in the Dark Fun Run/Walk Team Entry (minimum 5 team members)||Flat Fee, $8.00 / team member||On day registration available|
|Glow in the Dark Fun Run/Walk Local school students and staff members – first 20 entries FREE – contact Dynamic Running on||Flat Fee, $5.00||On day registration available|
|Single mums/dads with kids – contact Dynamic Running on||Variable fee||On day registration available|
|Kid in pram FREE (5km and Glow in the Dark Fun Run/Walk only)||$0.00||On day registration available|
Dynamic Running club members receive a 25% discount into the 10km and 21.1km races.
No refunds after 6 March 2018.
No personalised race bibs after 21 March 2018.
Singlet orders go in on 15 February 2018.
T-shirt orders go in on 22 March 2018.
Your entry fees include:
- entry into your nominated race
- Personalised race bib (unless you are a late entry) for the 5km, 10km and 21.1km
- Finisher’s medal for 5km, 10km and 21.1km competitors
- Novelty trophies for the winners in the 5km, 10km and 21.1km
- Lucky draw prizes
- A training program
- Group training sessions for locals
- Basic first aid service at the event
- Refreshments after the event
- A fun, safe and professional activity
- Public liability insurance