2020 registrations are not open yet.
Date: Sunday, 29 March 2020 (TBC)
Venue: Redlynch State College, Cairns (TBC)
Distances: 21.1km, 10km and 5km
Race briefing and rules – all competitors and participants please read. There is no briefing on the start line of any of the events.
2019 Course description for the 21.1km and 10km – subject to change.
The event is open to males and females. Participants of all levels of fitness (walkers, recreational and competitive runners) are welcome to compete. There is a female-focus to celebrate female runners; their strength and their ability to use running as a means to connect with one another. Join us and run in fashionable, feminine running gear.
Founded by managing director and running coach of Dynamic Running, Lorraine Lawson, the ‘Dynamic in a Dress Running Festival’ and free 8-week training program is designed to promote health, wellness and fitness among women, girls and their families.
- There are three races: 21.1km, 10km, 5km.
- All events start and finish at Redlynch State College in Redlynch Valley, Cairns.
- For the Half Marathon and 10km events, drink stations will be available approximately every 4km along the course and at the start/finish line.
- Toilets: There are toilets at the start/finish and at two locations along the 10km and 21.1km course.
- First Aid: There is basic first-aid available at the start/finish area and at drink stations along the course.
- Prams are not allowed in the 21.1km or 10km. Due to safety considerations we do not allow bikes, scooters, skateboards, rollerblades and animals (e.g. dogs) in any of the events.
- Competitors wanting to compete in a wheelchairs must submit an application to the race director no later than one month prior to the event.
2019 Race fees
SIGNATURE EVENT: Dynamic in a Dress, Sun, 31 March 2019
|BLITZ||Early Bird||Standard||Late Entry|
|7.00am, 15/10 to 7.00am 19/10/2018||Ends 11.59pm, 1/2/2019||Ends 11.59pm, 25/3/19||Registration closes 6.00pm 30/3/2019|
|21km (18+)||Independent||1st 10 entries: $40.00; 11th entry to end of blitz: $50.00||$55.00||$65.00||$75.00|
|DR club member||$41.25||$48.75||$75.00|
|Team of 5 or more||n/a||$41.25||$48.75||$75.00|
|Early Bird||Standard||Late Entry|
|Ends 11.59pm, 1/2/2019||Ends 11.59pm, 25/3/19||Registration closes 6.00pm 30/3/2019|
|DR club member||$18.75||$22.50||$35.00|
|Team of 5 or more||$18.75||$22.50||$35.00|
|DR club member||$22.50||$30.00||$45.00|
|Team of 5 or more||$22.50||$30.00||$45.00|
|DR club member||$11.25||$15.00||$25.00|
|Team of 5 or more||$11.25||$15.00||$25.00|
|5km (All ages)||Flat Fee 18+||$15.00||n/a||n/a|
|Flat Fee U18||$8.00||n/a||n/a|
|DR club member||$11.25||n/a||n/a|
|Team of 5 or more adults||$11.25||n/a||n/a|
|Family (up to 2 adults and 3 children)||$30.00||n/a||n/a|
Dynamic Running club members receive a 25% discount into the 10km and 21.1km races. Excludes Blitz period. Remember to use the discount code DRmember.
ANQ members can request a discount into the 10km and 21.1km races during the ‘Standard Fee’ period from 2 February to 25 March 2019. The ANQ member is required to provide the name of their club and their discount will be applied once their club has confirmed they are a current member.
To qualify as a Team, 5 or more competitors must do the same distance and fall in the same age category e.g. 21km Adult or 10km Junior.
For the 5km, a family constitutes up to 2 adults and 3 children.
- No refunds after 28 February 2019.
- No personalised race bibs after 20 March 2019.
- Cut off for singlet, tutu and towel orders is 7 February 2019
- Cut off for T-shirt and cap orders is 7 March 2019.
WARNING: This event celebrates women – you are encouraged to come ‘dressed up’ for the Dynamic in a Dress. Most people (including the boys!) don a tutu and many mates dress up as ‘teams’. If you don’t want to be part of the fun you need to opt out and that will attract a $15.00 fee. This money will be donated to a local organization in Cairns aimed at supporting women.
- Singlet $35.00
- t-shirt $25
- Towel or cap $20 each
- Tutu $12
Your entry fees include:
- Entry into your nominated race
- Personalised race bib (if you register within a specified time)
- Finisher’s medal for ALL competitors
- Novelty trophies for the winners
- Lucky draw prizes
- A training program
- Group training sessions for locals
- Basic first aid service at the event
- Refreshments after the event
- A fun, safe and professional activity
- Public liability insurance
- race singlet
Great to have some gift vouchers from Studio Pilates Cairns. They frequently support our events, so it’s wonderful to have something from them again to hand out on race day.